What & Where to Eat & Drink this Labour Day Long Weekend
As the month of August comes to a close, Labour Day is fast approaching. If you’re looking for some unique and delicious activities that you can get up to in Toronto this long weekend, then continue reading!
- Le Burger Week is a two-week-long burger festival from September 1st to the 14th. Various restaurants participate by creating their own burger that is reflective of the dishes they serve and their dining concept. 22 different Toronto restaurants are taking part this year, including Gusto 501, Miss Things and Insomnia.
- More burger news: Aunt Lucy’s is adding a new burger creation to their menu and they want everyone to try it this weekend, for free! From Saturday, September 4th until Labour Day, Aunty Lucy’s food truck will be giving out free samples at Trailhead Place from 12 pm to 7 pm.
- Get out on the water this weekend with Toronto’s Sights and Sips Cocktail Cruise! This 60-minute cruise experience goes through the Toronto Harbour and Toronto Island waterways. Appetizers are available and their onboard bar offers wine, beer and speciality cocktails.
- Elevate Sunday brunch this long weekend by attending a Drag Brunch with Erin Brockobić at Glad Day Bookshop on 499 Church Street. They offer an 11 am seating as well as a 2 pm seating, in case you want to sleep in before brunching!
- If you’re looking for something a little more upbeat, check out Cabana Waterfront Patio for their Tequila Turn Up on Monday, September 6th! This all-day and all-night event will feature live music, live entertainment and Jose Cuervo Tequila.
- Looking to relax on Labour Day? No problem! On both Friday, September 3rd and Saturday, September 4th, Boehmer Restaurant is hosting a Top Tier Border Alliance dinner which includes 6 courses and wine pairings. What’s special about this dinner is that Top Chef Canada winner, Erica Karbelnik and her husband, Top Chef Canada finalist, Josh Karbelnik, are hosting it, along with Bravo’s Top Chef Alumni, Sara Hauman, and Iron Chef Canada Champion, Paul Boehme. Get your tickets today!