Celebrate Summer with these Wine-Based Cocktails
As summer slowly comes to an end, we reminisce about our favourite go-to warm-weather cocktails; the ones we had and the ones we wish we had.
We love a good wine-based cocktail like the traditional Sangria, Mimosa, or Bellini. But today we’re going to share a couple of recipes that aren’t as commonly found on restaurant drink lists and are super easy to whip up at home. These will impress the guests and leave you feeling like a talented mixologist. We love to use local Okanagan products when possible but please feel free to substitute for something that is readily available in your home or local liquor store.
Kir Royale (serves 4)
A staple cocktail on Parisien drink lists. Just like the name suggests, you’ll feel regal sipping on this at your next dinner party (or wine Wednesday party for one)
- 4 Champagne Flutes
- Crème de Cassis (or any fruit liqueur)
- Dry Sparkling Wine
- Fresh berries (match the crème flavour)
- Add 2-3 teaspoons of Crème de Cassis to each flute
- Drop in a berry or two
- Top with Sparkling wine until flute is full
Rosé Aperol Spritz (Serves 1)
A fruity twist on the traditional bitter-sweet Aperol Spritz, this cocktail is a great sipper on a hot summer day.
- 50ml Aperol
- 25ml Grapefruit Juice
- 1tsp freshly squeezed lime juice
- 75ml rosé Prosecco (rosé sparkling wine)
- Ice cubes
- Fill a large bowl style wine glass with ice
- Pour in Aperol, grapefruit juice, lime juice
- Stir and top with cold rosé Prosecco
- Toss in a fun straw and sip away!
Suggested Okanagan products: 8th Generation Vineyard – Confidence Frizzante