Food + Booze: Grand Marnier Spiked Sangria
Sangria was started in Spain, but and now you bring Spain into your home – here is a great recipe for the fall!
Grand Marnier Sangria
WHAT YOU NEED:
- 1 bottle of dry red wine, such as Spanish Rioja. We recommend Montecillo Crianza Rioja
- 1/4 cup of Grand Marnier
- 2 cups freshly squeezed orange juice
- 5 strawberries, sliced in thirds
- 1 ripe peach, pitted and sliced
- 1 seedless orange, sliced in rounds
- 1 red apricot, pitted and sliced
- Pinch of granulated sugar (or to taste)
WHAT YOU DO:
- Macerate the fruit: Soak peach, apricot, strawberries, and orange in brandy, Grand Marnier, or Cointreau and a pinch of sugar for up to one hour. In a pitcher with some ice, combine the macerated fruit and liqueur with the remaining ingredients. Mix well, and serve.
Find Montecillo Crianza Rioja for $14.95 at the LCBO here!
Find Grand Marnier for $48.45 at the LCBO here!